Fantastic opportunities have arisen within the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments - we are currently recruiting for passionate and dedicated candidates to join our team.
Set in the heart of London’s vibrant East End, previously awarded Top 100 Wedding Venues in the World by Brides Magazine, Town Hall Hotel provides a variety of conferences, weddings & social events throughout the year. Town Hall Hotel has long been a popular fixture on East London’s foodie scene and for a good reason. Located on the first floor of the Town Hall Hotel, the 30-cover Corner Room with Assembly Room is an informal haunt by day and intimate lounge room by night, the restaurant is a popular venue on the evolving culinary landscape in this corner of the capital. We are also re-launching our hotel bar, offering a friendly bar experience for restaurant and hotel guests, and our neighbours.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, enthusiastic, creative and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial approach - creative ideas are always welcome! The candidate will be able to demonstrate an extensive knowledge and passion for the job.
If you are looking for your next great opportunity, you'd like to join an ambitious organisation and work with a dynamic team, we look forward to receiving your application!
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salary (+ Tronc for operations)
- Good work-life balance
- Friendly and relaxed work environment, where creative input is welcomed
- Cooked meals or meal allowance
- Training and development opportunities
- Food and Beverage discount in our restaurant & bar
- Employee room rates and excellent room rates for friends and family
- Employee rates with Design Hotels worldwide
- Company Pension scheme after 3 months service
- Recommend a Friend scheme
- Umbrella apprenticeship
- Social calendar including departmental outings, Christmas party and monthly celebrations
Financial ControllerWe are currently seeking a Financial Controller who will head the finance team for the London properties and restaurants: Town Hall Hotel & Apartments, 196 Bishopsgate and Old Town Hall Restaurants.
The Financial Controller will report to the General Manager, as well as the Group Financial Controller based in Singapore.
Main responsibilities for this role would include:
The ideal person will have the following:
- Overseeing the Company’s accounting and financial management requirements
- Leading the Finance Team on the monthly submission of management accounts
- Periodic review of cashflows and forecasts
- Supporting the GM and the Department HODs in budget preparation
- Proactive assistance on cost containment, revenue enhancement and profit improvement opportunities
- Provide financial information as tools for maximizing profits and planning for the future
- Ensure compliance with established credit and collection procedures
- Overseeing the procurement process and supplier contracts to ensure best practice and cost management
- Manage, review, develop and implement processes and procedural improvements.
- Keeping abreast with changes in legislations relating to the business and finance functions
- National statistics returns
- Implementation and follow through of new PMS/POS systems
- Liaise with banks, auditors and any other stakeholders
- Commercial experience in hospitality of at least 5 years
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified and/or a degree in accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- SUN Accounting, Agilysys & IG preferred, EPS Time and Attendance
- Adaptable to changes and detailed oriented, with the ability to provide sound financial advice and support.
Night Receptionist at Town Hall Hotel and Day Receptionist at 196 BishopsgateAttention to detail and commitment to your responsibilities. The successful candidate will be highly professional, have excellent communication skills, be well presented and understand the importance of exceptional customer service.
Reporting to the Day or Night Reception Manager, key responsibilities for the role include:
- Checking guests in and out
- Taking payments
- Ensuring the smooth running of the reception during the night shift
- Assisting with running the night audit for the hotel, bar and restaurants
- Assisting with out-of-hours reservations enquiries when applicable
- Answering guest queries and offering help wherever needed
- Up-selling wherever possible
- Liaising with other key departments to ensure the daily smooth running of the operation
Linen PorterYour main responsibilities as Linen porter will be:
- Being responsible for the day-to-day handling of all soiled and clean linen and keeping receipt of housekeeping deliveries
- Collecting soiled linen from the floors where applicable
- Checking all laundry in and out, ensuring all documentation is checked and completed as necessary
- Reporting all linen discrepancies to the Executive Housekeeper/ Deputy Housekeeper
- Carrying out carpet and upholstery cleaning, as and when required
- Assisting with light maintenance issues when required
The Housekeeping Attendant is responsible for cleaning and checking their guest rooms and maintaining the respective corridors. Some of the key processes include but are not limited to:
- Regular cleaning
- Keeping all staff and communal areas clean and maintain the highest health & safety standards.
- Ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for our guests
- Anticipate guest needs and respond to their requests in a timely manner
- Comply with hotel lost property policies
The main responsibilities for this position are, but not limited to:
The ideal candidate will be proficient in multi-trade disciplines, with electrical knowledge an advantage and at least basic plumbing, carpentry and decorating skills. Experience as a Shift Engineer in a hotel or similar setting will be an advantage. The successful candidate will be professional, have excellent communication skills, be well presented and understand the importance of customer service.
- Overall maintenance of the building with the guidance of Maintenance Manager
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance activities in accordance with the company and departmental standards to all areas of the hotel. This will include guest bedrooms, public areas, and all main plant /machinery
- Provide a fast, professional and reactive response to breakdown calls
- Be conversant with all maintenance department policies and procedures
- Provide a proactive service to guests and associates alike
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please note that due to the high number of applications expected, we will only contact you if we would like to invite you for an interview. If you haven't heard from us for more than 2 weeks, unfortunately we have decided not to proceed with your application.
Also, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.